Applicants must address required qualifications criteria listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in architectural design from an accredited or internationally recognized college or university is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years architectural design experience is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) English is required. Level 4 (fluent) Dari is required. Level 3 (good working knowledge) Pashto is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be experienced with Drafting Software, AUTOCAD 2010 or later, Modeling and Rendering Software and Microsoft standard office software applications. Must be proficient in the use of all equipment required for architectural design, such as cameras, printers and plotters, laser level and measure devices and computers. May be required to work out of normal hours, including weekends, local and American holidays.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must take full responsibility in ensuring new architectural, mechanical electrical and civil/structural design projects meet all current codes. Must have experience in construction administration and project management. Must have experience writing architectural engineering specifications and cost estimations, based on the Building, Electrical, Safety and Fire codes. Must be able to evaluate existing facility architectural systems.
Shall take full responsibility in ensuring new architectural, mechanical electrical and civil/structural design projects meet all current Building, Electrical, Safety and Fire codes. Experience in construction administration and project management is a must. The ability to develop architectural engineering blueprints, schematic diagrams, building plans and specifications and cost estimations is a necessity. Must be able to evaluate existing facility architectural systems and suggests repairs or upgrades.